Monday, July 1, 2013

Making Homemade Goat's Milk Soap on My Parents' Florida Farm

From Yvonne Adcox
Honey Oatmeal Soap Recipe


Tonight, my dad and I made goat's milk soap scented with lavender.  He raises goats on our north Florida family farm with my mother and grandmother.  In fact, my parents are fostering a young kid, Starr, whose mother refused to feed her after she was born prematurely.  Since they have to milk the mother goats in their flock to feed Starr and three other kids, they milked a little extra for the soap.  They just needed 20 ounces.  Making soap was exciting--if not a little dangerous.  Working with lye requires knowledge and practicing certain safely procedures that prevent accidental burns.  I have decided to make some soap of my own, and the link above is the recipe I will use.  Honey is good for the skin as is oatmeal, and I have sensitive skin. I will have plenty extra to sell which is what my dad plans to do as well.  Below is a short video of the family goat, Starr.


Starr the House Goat


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you! Please remember that we are people too, so think kindly on us all!