Friday, June 7, 2013

First Confessions of a Non-Outdoors-Woman

  By: The Non-outdoorsy MizRizSchyck  
     I love nature when it involves - say beaches and lounging and people asking me "Can I get you anything else MizRiz?"  Hiking..in GEORGIA...in SUMMER... is not necessarily my idea of *ahem* fun.  I am, however, if not anything else, game.  So when The Crew at my school got together for some waterfall fun, I had to prove my awesomeness and get on out there with them.

     My first foray into hiking was pretty cool.  Our fearless leader had in her mind to visit a bajillion waterfalls (my favorite!) in one day.  As Liz said, we all look at everything differently.  I have no idea what lens I use when traveling through life - but Fearless Leader and Co-Teacher probably have it right when they say I look for stories and sounds.

     Our first waterfall, Moore's Cove (is that right A?), was easy to get to and really set the stage.  All I wanted to do was stand underneath it.
Really, though, what adventurer wouldn't find a cave behind it in which to live?  Sure enough...strange markings gave way to the adventures of another...

Can you see it?

     My mind spins - Who was here? What were they escaping?  My mind spins backstory after backstory, not settling on any one thing until we come across an invitation to dream as we made our way to the last three waterfalls near Caney Bottom.
     Score one for true love I think.  At least that what my story will tell.  Perhaps I'll share what One Shot (1,000 word story) this turns into if I find time between reading and enjoying more hikes! ;)

     Before I say good night, however, I must share my Cthulhu find of the day!
"Cthulhu waits dreaming" my rear-end.  Here he is trapped in a tree!

1 comment:

  1. Second time I've been to this waterfall and did not notice those markings. Now, I must go back and look for myself!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! Please remember that we are people too, so think kindly on us all!